a) Sandra works in British Columbia and is paid onOctober 4, 2021
select an organization that has a Global platform (they operateOctober 4, 2021
Choose one of the following public policies from the list below to create a 6 paragraph paper. (i.e. Introductory paragraph and 1 paragraph per number which adequately addresses the prompt, then a conclusion paragraph). Public Policies:
- Voter Rights Act
- Help America Vote Act
- White primary
- Voter ID laws
- Early Voting
- Absentee voting/mail-in voting
- Curbside voting
- Twenty-Sixth Amendment
Second: Address each of the 6 prompts found below. Use a full and complete paragraph to address each prompt:
- 1. Introductory paragraph
- Set up what the paper is about
- Make sure to discuss voter turnout.
- Offer some statistical analysis on voter turnout to demonstrate this is a relevant topic
- 2. Describe the policy chosen above. Give background such as when and why was it created (historical context)?
- 3. How might this policy negatively affect voter turnout currently and/or in the past? If you can not find any negatives to your chosen policy then compare and discuss to another policy that has negatives
- 4. How might this policy positively affect voter turnout currently and/or in the past?
- 5. Did this policy have an impact on the record turnout for the 2020 election? If not, what do you attribute the spike in voter turnout to? Do you think this particular policy hurt or help voter turnout?
- 6. Conclusion Paragraph
- Summarize what was stated in the previous paragraphs
- Which side of the argument do you ultimately fall on?