1. Write the null and alternative hypotheses for the following (use symbols):
a. Two tailed Z test
b. One Tailed Z Test
2. Find the area under the normal curve for the following problems
a. Area between 2 sd above and the mean (z scores of 0 and 2.0)
b. Area below z score of 1
c. Z score below which 95% of all values fall
3. Fill in the following table about Type I and Type II errors
Fail to reject the null hypothesis (Accept)
Reject the null hypothesis
True nature of the null hypothesis
The null hypothesis is really true
The null hypothesis is really false
4. What is power and what is the formula for power?
5. Compute the z scores for the following scores from a sample with a standard deviation of 10 and a mean of 50:
–Continued next page–
6. Compute the one sample Z-test for the following problems.
A test is conducted for H0: μ = 40, with σ = 5. A sample size of 100 is selected= 42.2
a. What is the null and alternative hypothesis for a 2-tailed test of significance?
b. Compute the SEM for this problem.
c. Compute the one Sample Z-test for this problem.